Monday, January 17, 2005

Updated page

OK, in order to try and get more traffic (any traffic at all), I've gone ahead and listed this beast in several of the blog search directories. Right now Blogarama (see link at the bottom of the page) has me listed and I turn up if you search on "software test"

I also added links to some other tester's blogs that I found. If I'm lucky, maybe they'll return the favor :)

I'm going to try to make some sort of meaningful post each Monday.

Today's meaningful Post:

A little about me and where I fall in the general scheme of Software Testing.
I'm a Software Test Engineer at a company that designs and manufactures Portable Data Terminals (PDT's). What's a PDT? In our case, it is a Pocket PC based device (now called Windows Mobile for Pocket PC's) with integrated wireless (WiFi, Bluetooth, GSM/GPRS) and an integrated barcode scanner (imager-based, so it takes pictures too). We do have a couple PC based apps that we test now and then, but most of the tests I develop are for the PDT's.

Things that we test are our implementation of the OS, Drivers for the radios and scanner, Utilities for the OS, radios & scanner, Demos, and Custom SDK's (eC++, VB & C#.NET) that control the radios and scanner - along with the standard API for the OS.

That's the scoop on me.

Tune in next week for a "real" post.
Joe

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google Groups Software Test
Browse Archives at groups-beta.google.com